Sunday, February 15, 2009

More Virtual Learning

Spring Evening
10 x 10
Private Collection


I got some great comments on this blog about the post on virtual workshops and many responses from artists directly who expressed an interest in not only classes but one on one online learning. I'm in the process of designing several individual programs for interested artists which are tailored to fit their interests, needs, available time and technology. For example, one artist wants a once a week assignment and critique/discussion on a specific topic (color). Another is interested in learning about glazing techniques and wants a monthly assignment and critique. These individual courses will be geared to artists with some experience, while the classes could include beginners. I'm thinking that these individual courses can also act as a learning experience for me about what works best in online formats. I can handle about 4 of these at a time and I have two in the works. So, if you are interested in a one on one course tailor made for you or a critique of a body of work, please let me know.

8 comments:

Ed Terpening said...

Distant learning is an interesting idea. I guess I take it for granted that I live in a metropolitan area, with lots of other artists and workshops. Would be tough otherwise. Barry has certainly figured out how to do this too, as you know.

Deborah Paris said...

Yep. There are plenty of us out here in the boonies. Barry who?

Elflling said...

I would like to take a virtual class from you -- I am totally in love with your tonalist style. I am a total beginner in oil painting, but I'm currently attending an atlier class, trying to build a solid foundation. I guess if I could choose a focus for myself at this stage of development, I should definitely forcus on the monochromatic underpainting, and structure of abstraction for analyzing a landscape scene. Thank you for providing the information on your classes.

Deborah Paris said...

Thank you Elflling for your interest. I'm putting together some ideas for classes at the moment- trying to figure out how to translate the workshops I teach in "real life" to a virtual setting. I'll put you on a list of interested artists and when I have more info I'll let everyone know.

Anonymous said...

I would be interested in knowing more about how it would work, what types of individual classes you mean, etc. I have some oil painting experience. Judy Warner

nancy said...

I would like to hear more. Help is always needed here!
NE

Deborah Paris said...

Hi Nancy. I just posted some info on two virtual classes here
http://deborahparis-fineart.blogspot.com/2008/12/2009-workshop-painting-luminous.html

Vikki North said...

Hello Fair Artist who paints beautiful warm colored landscapes,

We have been watching you. We are artist also. At least that's what they call us. You may even know us. We'd like to invite you to a member of our very Private Club. We're very selective and only an elite few are welcome on our hallowed grounds. We pick you.

We even have a little 'chit chat' room just for the likes of you. It's rightfully called Dante's Pub. But when your enter BEWARE! You are entering the abyss of the artist mind! You may not find your way out.

You're welcome to watch from afar while drinking your brew or pull up a chair and join us for a little chat. Be sure and register and then log in. After all, this is a very private club. We don't allow just any wanderer in our midst.

Don't dilly dally now! It wont cost you a pence. Check out The Artist Challenge and Dante's Pub- that is if your daring and think yourself worthy to be amongst the souls we've claimed?

Farewell...until we hear from you,
Master Mike and the Pub Wench

Artist Challenge- http://www.theartistchallenge.com/
Dante‘s Pub - http://www.theartistchallenge.com/art-forum/