Sunday, September 9, 2012

Fall Exhibitions



I am pleased to say I have been invited to exhibit in the Small Works, Great Wonders Invitational this November at the Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City. The Museum is the home of the prestigious Prix de West exhibition and has a wonderful permanent collection of representational paintings and sculpture.  My friend and mentor, Hollis Williford (1940-2007) was a two time Prix de West winner and his monumental sculpture stands in front of the entrance to the Museum. I would like to think he'd be proud of me. Also here are the monumental triptychs by Wilson Hurley, all of which I wrote about here. Here are the two pieces I will exhibit. The opening is November 16th.


Aspen Sunrise
16 x 20

Summer Song II
20 x 16


I am also happy to say I have been selected to exhibit at the Heritage Village Show & Sale  which benefits the Dallas Heritage Village in October. The fourteen artists for the show were selected by Michael Duty of Heritage Auctions, Dallas, and the show will be judged by Ron Tyler, former director the Amon Carter Museum in Ft. Worth. Opening for this show is October 12 . More information can be found here. Here are two of the four pieces I will have in the show.



 Autumn Woods
20 x 16


Winter Morning
18 x 14

3 comments:

Lampros Lampinos said...

amazing... a lot of success!!!

Caroline Simmill said...

Beautiful paintings Deborah, and congratulations!

Sarah S said...

Congratulatios! Your work is so lovely, I really enjoy studying your details and layering.