Friday, September 6, 2013

Farm Pond Morning

Farm Pond Morning
16 x 20

I walk most every morning, starting out just before dawn. As my Facebook friends know, I regularly post images of the things I see on my morning walks, usually skies and effects of light, but occasionally wildlife (deer, snakes, turtles, rabbits) and cows. I have made a few paintings over the last couple of years of early morning subjects from my walks but the Lennox Woods project has kept me pretty occupied. I made this painting for the Small Works, Great Wonders show at the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum opening this November. I am looking forward to painting more morning subjects once I am out of the Woods.

3 comments:

Dottieb said...

Oh Deborah, this is so beautiful, I don't have words for it.

Stinson Fine Art / John W. Stinson said...

Nicely done!

Caroline Simmill said...

Very serene, very beautiful.