Sunday, October 2, 2011

Ten Days in Taos

We got back home about a week ago and have feverishly been trying to get caught up and back down to earth (literally, from 9,000 ft to about 400!). It was an exciting trip with lots of wonderful interludes- seeing old friends at the PAPNM show, the workshop, meeting new friends, and visiting with family. As usual I failed miserably at taking enough photos. No photos of Steve's "gumbo night" party, Kyoko's tempura feast, and a dozen other things. But, here are a few.






first sunset


PAPNM awards ceremony




class photo


teaching



field sketching on the Rio Grande



visit to the Millicent Rodgers Museum & my work


family fun

last sunset



8 comments:

Janelle Goodwin said...

You have been busy! Beautiful photos and I love your new profile pic.

Deborah Paris said...

Thanks Janelle!

Casey Klahn said...

Fun, busy and meaningful - looks like you had a great trip!

Anonymous said...

Deborah, what some great photos! Looks like a nice trip, but I'm sure it's nice to be back home again. I love the ceiling beams in the museum photos...is this an old building?

Deborah Paris said...

It was Casey!

Hi Maggie/ The museum is in the former home of Millicent Rodgers (one of many fascinating characters from Taos' history)and houses her fabulous collections of native American art, pottery, rugs,jewelery, etc as well as fine art. It is an old adobe structure in the traditional northern New Mexico style.

Sarah S said...

Taos is such a beautiful place, I love your pics--and rafting down the rio too!

Lynne E. Windsor said...

The photos almost made me 'home'sick Deborah! Looks like you had nia great workshop.

Lynne E. Windsor said...

I don't think I should comment on blogs at midnight! Apologies for the mistake!