Sunday, December 2, 2007

Rick's Pool


Rick's Pool Oil 6 x 6
$100 + $10 shipping
Sold
This one has been in the incubator- that is to say, my head, for a while. Some take longer than others, but today I finally painted it. So, about the title. Here in Texas (or at least this part of Texas- its a big place) , people refer to ponds, often man made and used to water livestock, as pools. Occasionally you'll hear somebody call it a stock tank, but usually its called a pool. When first made, they have sides built up to hold the water, but I think after a while the cattle manage to return things to natural elevation. And they can get fancy- some people stock them with fish and build little docks on them. I even saw one with a fountain in the middle. But this one- on my neighbor Rick's property- is just your basic pool.

2 comments:

Alvin Richard said...

Your work is great. There is an old master quality that is very reminiscent of Dutch painters.

Deborah Paris said...

Hello Alvin. Thank you- I certainly appreciate that comparison! And thanks very much for visiting my blog.
Deborah