Friday, July 4, 2008

Telluride Plein Air - Day 6-Happy 4th!

Goodnight, Telluride
16 x 16
Sold
OK, so you didn't really think I was going to paint in Telluride for a week and not paint that mountain, did you? This is an awful image- trying to photograph these while still wet and half dry etc. is just not getting it, but I hope you'll bear with me and just know this piece looks a lot better in real life!

My auction piece sold last night (and was bid up quite nicely) and today was the first day of the public sale as well as the town's big 4th of July celebration. The parade started about 11:30 and right before that - right on cue- a formation of F16s flew directly above and down Main Street, than banked away up and out of the box canyon. Very cool. Happy 4th everyone!

3 comments:

Bill Sharp said...

Just gorgeous. This must be a killer in person.

Anonymous said...

Wow Deborah - this is something I rarely say but in this case I really cannot find the right word without sounding flat. Wonderful painting and wonderful colours. I love that dark spell around it and the light reflection is just giving the right dose of warmth and friendliness despite the darkness and menace, that's behind those mountains.

Deborah Paris said...

Thank you Bill and Petra. I reworked it entirely several times before I got what I wanted, but I think it finally came together. I really wanted to capture that feeling of the lights of Telluride nestled in the darkness at the base of the mountains.