Thursday, July 1, 2010

Telluride Plein Air- Day Five

This morning we turn in our "artist choice" piece for tonight's silent auction. Immediately after that, the 90 minute quick draw will be held on Main Street. Tonight from 5-8 a silent auction and cocktail party for collectors will kick off the weekend's events. A public sale follows on Saturday and Sunday.

So here is the piece I chose. As you might notice, its not a "big view" after all. I painted two pieces this size, and pretty much all week thought I would choose the other one. But, today I decided on this one. Let's hope I'm right!

Evening on the San Miguel
16 x 24
Sold

P.S. It was pouring rain at 6 AM this morning but now the sun is out. Whew! That's Steve holding the painting up-sorry for the on the fly photography!

4 comments:

Janelle Goodwin said...

This painting is gorgeous! The composition and glowing colors, along with the beautiful frame, are perfect. It would be hard to turn away from this one. Thanks for keeping us up to date on Telluride Plein Air!

Sara said...

It takes my breath away! How perfect the frame is too. Thanks for sharing the Telluride experience!

Casey Klahn said...

I am eager to see how everything goes.

I could rave about this one in detail. It is tremendous, and you have good taste.

Jo-Ann Sanborn said...

It's a lovely piece, Deborah, and looks fabulous in the new frame. People will respond, it would be very nice to live with.